On the desktop, online and as an app
Power BI consists of a desktop-based Windows application called Power BI Desktop, an online SaaS service (software as a service) and Power BI mobile apps for Windows, iOS and Android devices.
You can create interactive data visualizations and reports yourself. Connect, assemble and create models – and visualize your data. Place visual effects exactly where you want them, analyze and explore your data, and share content with your workgroup by publishing it to the Power BI web service. Power Bi has great flexibility while it is easy to create reports even with the use of drag & drop functionality.
With Power BI Desktop you can:
- Connect to different data sources – in the cloud and locally
- Modify and compile data from different sources – with just a few clicks
- Choose from over 100 advanced visual effects for your data – or create your own
- Analyze data to find patterns and gain insight
- Create mobile reports for users on the go
- Share visual analysis with everyone in the organization
- Expand your data models with DAX formulas
Power BI for Visma Business, Visma Global and Visma.net
Økonomibistand has created special connection adapters for Visma Global, Visma Business and Visma.net that make it extra easy to get started. Regardless of which reporting solution you want to use, one of the main challenges is to get a good data base that you understand.
Complete data base
We have created a complete data base for you in the form of Financial Aid’s Power BI adapter for Visma Business, Global and .net. We have linked the tables that are usually used and added understandable names to the fields. This gives a simple field list to deal with in Power Bi without having to think about all the links in the database.
To the right you see what the data base with accounting data from Visma Business will look like in Power BI. During installation, we adapt which fields you look for to your needs. For example, if you have several clients, just select the client name in the field “Company name”. This makes it easy to create reports across multiple companies.
ØB Power BI adapter is currently available in two variants:
- ØB Power BI adapter for Order / sales / invoice
- ØB Power BI adapter for Accounting
These contain the most common fields used in reporting. If you have custom fields or miss any special fields, you can order an extension of this.
With the help of our ØB Portal, we always have an overview of which databases / fields have been set up for you and can easily expand this. We also offer setup against other databases and data sources if you need it.
How much does it cost?
Getting started with Power BI is both quick and inexpensive. A Power BI user to create reports is free from Microsoft. Desktop version of the program can be downloaded for free here.
- You need a Power BI Pro license to distribute and use reports, it costs about NOK 90 per user / month.
- ØB Power BI adapted for both accounting and order / sale costs NOK 980 per month plus NOK 200 per client / month to be connected from the financial system.
- Installation and adaptation of the Power BI adapter: NOK 5,000. This covers the installation of Power Bi Gateway on the server and easy customization of which data fields you want available in Power BI.
- If you need more advanced data links, possibly from other data sources, we can also assist with that.
- If you are not familiar with Power BI, we recommend a half-day workshop, so you can easily get started.
For more information contact us via the form at the bottom of this page.
We can also help create reports and dashboards, if you do not want to do this yourself.
Sales reports in Power BI
With our Power BI adapter, you can quickly get started creating your own sales reports in Microsoft Power BI – with updated figures directly from your Visma solution
With Power BI for Visma you can easily create:
- Dashboard for viewing KPIs
- Details for department / product / seller
- Filter to show quotation / order / invoiced
- Drilldown in several levels down to a single transaction
- Possibility of display on the big screen
- Access control – what the user sees of data is governed by rights.
- App for mobile and tablet
If you use a customer follow-up system such as Superoffice, you can also connect data from this solution to show prospects, registered activities, completed meetings, etc.